There are so many awesome day trips from Las Vegas, so if you’re staying in this city, be sure to check out the surrounding areas. While there are lots of things to do in Las Vegas, there are also some Las Vegas excursions you shouldn’t miss.
The city is famous for gambling, but there are plenty of things to do outside Las Vegas if you want to experience part of the desert that surrounds the City of Lights. Renting a car in Las Vegas is the easiest way to explore the nearby sites. However, don’t worry if you don’t want to drive, because there are many great Las Vegas tours.
You just have to find a beautiful hotel to stay in Las Vegas, and then take a different day trip each day to get the full experience. I can help you out with my top day tours from Las Vegas.
Best tours and one-day trips from Las Vegas
Choosing between all the day trips from Las Vegas can be difficult, but I hope my recommendations can help you out. No matter your budget or interests, I know there is a tour that will appeal to you!
To sum up, these are the 15 best excursions from Las Vegas:
- Las Vegas Night Tour
- Grand Canyon
- Hoover Dam
- Antelope Canyon
- Downtown Walking Tours
- Death Valley
- Valley of Fire
- Zion & Bryce Canyon
- Red Rock Canyon
- Black Canyon
- The Strip from the Air
- Hollywood & Los Angeles
- Area 51
- El Dorado Canyon
- Monument Valley & nearby wonders
1. The Strip at Night, one of the top Las Vegas bus tours
The best way to get acquainted with Sin City is by taking a Las Vegas night tour. This tour will take you to see the lights of downtown Vegas and the famous Strip. Pass by the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign, Mirage volcano, Bellagio Fountains, and more. This cheap Las Vegas tour also includes a walk through the Fremont Street entertainment district to see the Viva Vision light show, one of the coolest things to do on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Highlights: Fabulous Las Vegas sign, Mirage volcano, Bellagio Fountain, Fremont Street walking tour
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: $50
- Description: Hop on an open-top bus and ride along the Vegas Strip at night, passing some of the most iconic landmarks and stopping to see the light show at Fremont Street.
2. Grand Canyon Voyager, best day trips from Las Vegas
Grand Canyon is only a couple of hours from the city, so it’s no wonder why it is one of the most popular day trips from Las Vegas. There are so many options to choose from, so we’ve hand-picked the 6 best Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas to help you find the one that fits your interests and budget.
Some even cost less than a hundred bucks, so this is a must-take Vegas tour for everyone spending some time (or even a layover) in Vegas.
If you want to go big, I suggest checking out the Grand Canyon Voyager. This is not only one of the best Grand Canyon helicopter tours; It also includes a below-the-rim landing and a scenic boat ride on the Colorado River. Besides, it will give you some time to explore the most popular lookouts on the West Rim, like Guano Point and Eagle Point.
And if you want to have the full experience, upgrade to add access to the famous Skywalk bridge.
In case you prefer to drive there, check our guide on road trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon.
- Highlights: Hotel pick-up/drop-off, Grand Canyon West Rim, below-the-rim landing, Colorado River cruise, Guano Point, Eagle Point
- Duration: 7 hours (70-minute flight)
- Price: $500+
- Description: Board a flight to the West Rim and land on the canyon floor. From there, take a pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River, then fly back to Guano and Eagle Points.
3. Hoover Dam, one of the top Las Vegas excursions
Hoover Dam tours from Las Vegas are another popular option, and this amazing feat of human engineering is incredible in person. This 3-hour tour takes you to the Hoover Dam via historic Boulder City.
You’ll walk along the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge and get sweeping views of the dam, the Colorado River, and Lake Mead, the country’s largest reservoir. This Las Vegas bus tour ends with a visit to Hemenway Park, where local bighorn sheep like to graze. You’ll get back to the city in time for other fun things to do in Las Vegas during the day.
- Highlights: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Boulder City, Hemenway Park
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: $65
- Description: Get picked up from Las Vegas and take a comfortable bus through Boulder City to the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge, the perfect lookout for viewing the dam and Lake Mead. Stop and see bighorn sheep at Hemenway Park before returning to Las Vegas.
4. Antelope Canyon day tours from Las Vegas
On this small-group tour, you can visit Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend in one day trip since they’re both in Page, Arizona. If you’re short on time, this Antelope Canyon tour from Las Vegas is the perfect way to see these two natural wonders.
You’ll take a guided hike through the canyon’s most stunning areas, then head to Horseshoe Bend, where you’ll take a short hike to a beautiful lookout 1,000 feet above sea level. It’s one of the best day trips from Las Vegas if you want to get off the beaten path but you’re not sure where to go.
Check our guide with the 6 best Antelope Canyon tours from Las Vegas for more awesome options.
- Highlights: Hotel pick-up/drop-off, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
- Duration: 16 hours
- Price: $299
- Description: Take a guided hike through Antelope Canyon’s incredible slot canyons and enjoy the views from the Horseshoe Bend lookout.
5. Downtown Walk, a popular walking tour in Las Vegas
There are so many things to do in downtown Las Vegas, so I suggest a Las Vegas sightseeing tour to acquaint yourself with the area. This walking tour takes you to Fremont Street, one of the most iconic downtown spots. During this Las Vegas walking tour, you’ll be able to photograph several of the Strip’s famous neon signs and casinos.
- Highlights: Fremont Street Experience
- Duration: 2-2.5 hours
- Price: $35
- Description: Take a Las Vegas city tour of vibrant Fremont Street, where you’ll pass by famous bars, clubs, casinos, and hotels. Marvel at the sights while learning about the history and revitalization of the area.
6. Death Valley, my favorite Las Vegas tour
A visit to Death Valley is a unique and memorable adventure, making it one of the best day trips from Las Vegas. There are several Death Valley tours from Las Vegas, but I recommend this full-day tour to the national park. You’ll experience some of the hottest temperatures in the country, as well as an intriguing landscape full of breathtaking views and colorful terrain.
- Highlights: Badwater, Artist’s Palette, Dante’s Point, Zabriskie Point, Devil’s Golf Course, Furnace Creek, Mule Team Canyon
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: $239
- Description: Take a small-group tour through Death Valley National Park, stopping at the lowest point in the Western Hemisphere and one of the world’s largest salt flats.
7. Valley of Fire, one of the top day trips from Las Vegas
A day trip from Las Vegas can be a great thing to do in Las Vegas for couples who love adventure. One of my favorite Las Vegas tours is this guided hike through the Valley of Fire State Park, a must-do in Nevada since it’s is one of the oldest state parks in the state. You can choose a hike that suits your fitness level, then scramble over red rocks and other geological formations to find ancient petroglyphs.
Check how was our experience in our guide to Valley of Fire tours from Las Vegas.
- Highlights: Valley of Fire State Park
- Duration: 4-6 hours
- Price: $119
- Description: Take an easy, moderate, or challenging guided hike through the Valley of Fire. Explore the red rock formations, boulders, and plateaus of the park while searching for prehistoric rock art.
8. Zion & Bryce Canyon day trips from Las Vegas
You could spend a couple of days visiting Zion National Park and another day in Bryce Canyon, but if time is limited, I recommend one of the national park tours from Las Vegas. This guided tour will introduce you to the natural wonders of Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon, making it one of the best day trips from Las Vegas.
Zion has gorgeous hiking trails, like Angels Landing, The Narrows, and The Subway, a picturesque passageway. The Emerald Pool Trail is a family-friendly trail with turquoise pools and waterfalls. In Bryce Canyon, you can explore the famous hoodoos and fascinating rock formations like Thor’s Hammer and Queen Victoria.
Check our guides to best day trips to Zion from Las Vegas and best tours to Bryce from Las Vegas for more ideas.
- Highlights: Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks
- Duration: 13 hours
- Price: $185
- Description: This Las Vegas bus tour begins with a visit to Zion National Park, where you can witness the immense beauty of the red sandstone cliffs and mountains. Then, head to Bryce Canyon for a short hike through the hoodoos.
9. Red Rock Canyon, a great excursion in Las Vegas
This tour to Red Rock Canyon is another popular day tour from Las Vegas. You’ll depart from the Strip and take a ride along the 13-mile scenic loop to the conservation area. There, you can witness the desert landscape, flora, and ancient rock art. Your tour guide will stop at several picturesque spots, including Wilson Cliffs, Calico Hills, and Red Springs.
If you want to check other options, check our guide to the 5 best tours to Red Rock Canyon from Las Vegas.
- Highlights: Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: $113
- Description: Discover the natural beauty of Red Rock Canyon on this Las Vegas tour, stopping for photos at several impressive viewpoints.
10. Black Canyon, Las Vegas kayak tours
Nearby Black Canyon is a wonderful day trip from Las Vegas, especially if you want to get active in a scenic location. It’s also one of the best places for a Las Vegas kayak tour, and I recommend this kayaking trip with hotel pick-up and drop-off. You’ll head to Willow Beach, where you’ll get suited up to kayak through the grottoes of Emerald Cave.
Along the way, you’ll kayak on a portion of the Colorado River that runs through the Black Canyon, surrounded by the natural flora, fauna, and interesting geological formations of the area.
- Highlights: Willow Beach, kayaking on the Colorado River, Emerald Cave
- Duration: 4 hours
- Price: $133
- Description: See beautiful Willow Beach before kayaking along the Colorado River and through Emerald Cave.
11. The Strip from the air, the best Las Vegas night tour
The helicopter tours in Las Vegas are some of the most magical tours you can take. It’s one of the top things to do in Las Vegas at night, so I recommend this flight over the Vegas nightlife. You’ll fly over the most famous landmarks like the Bellagio Fountains, Luxor pyramid, Stratosphere Tower, and the Paris Hotel, all while listening to a guided narration. This is one of the coolest Las Vegas Strip tours, and you can even add a dinner option to make it extra special.
- Highlights: Fly over the downtown Vegas and the Strip at night
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Price: $89
- Description: Strap in for an exciting nighttime flight over the Strip. Get a birds-eye view of iconic sights like The Mirage, The Venetian, New York-New York, and more.
12. Los Angeles Escape, Hollywood tour from Las Vegas
Ideally, you’ll spend a few days in Los Angeles, but if you’re short on time, you can take a Hollywood tour from Las Vegas. This Hollywood day trip takes you through the Joshua tree forests to LA, where you’ll walk past some of the most memorable film locations. Visit Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Pier, Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the Kodak Theater terrace, where you’ll have sweeping views of the Hollywood sign.
- Highlights: Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Pier, Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Duration: 14-15 hours
- Price: $247
- Description: Get the Hollywood treatment and visit some of the top Los Angeles landmarks on one of the best day trips from Las Vegas.
13. Area 51, a unique day trip from Las Vegas
Area 51 is a wonderland for anyone interested in aliens and the paranormal, and it’s just a few hours from Vegas. This full-day trip is a good Area 51 tour from Las Vegas and includes a visit to the so-called “Janet Airlines” at McCarran airport and the mysterious Black Mailbox for UFO enthusiasts seeking alien contact. This Las Vegas bus tour also travels along the Extraterrestrial Highway and right up to the perimeter of the world’s most top-secret military facility.
- Highlights: Black Mailbox, “Janet Airlines”, Little A’le’ Inn
- Duration: 10 hours
- Price: $205
- Description: Take one of the most curious day trips from Las Vegas and see Area 51, stopping at several legendary sites in the UFO community.
14. El Dorado Canyon, the best ATV tour from Las Vegas
El Dorado Canyon in nearby Clark County, NV is famous for its silver and gold mines, and this ATV day trip is the perfect Las Vegas tour that explores the area. Go off-roading through the desert and visit the most remote parts of the canyon, such as the old Techatticup mine and desolate back canyons. This adventure tour from Las Vegas is not only exhilarating but educational as well.
- Highlights: ATV or UTV ride, El Dorado Canyon, Techatticup gold mine
- Duration: 5 hours
- Price: $169
- Description: Hop on an ATV and drive through remote back canyons to the famous El Dorado Canyon gold mines. Vegas hotel pick-up and drop-off is included.
15. Monument Valley and nearby wonders, a great 3-day Las Vegas tour
We visited Monument Valley during our 10-day West Coast road trip and it was one of the best Las Vegas excursions we took. This 3-day trip is ideal if you have time to spend a few days exploring the area. You’ll start with a visit to Red Rock Canyon, then take a Navajo-led Jeep tour through Monument Valley, followed by a trip to Horseshoe Bend. The last day includes a visit to the beautiful Antelope Canyon, followed by a stop at the Valley of Fire before returning to Vegas.
- Highlights: Red Rock Canyon, Monument Valley, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, Valley of Fire
- Duration: 3 days
- Price: $540
- Description: This complete 3-day tour from Las Vegas takes you through the stunning red rock formations and desert landscapes of Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, and Valley of Fire.
Those are all the day trips from Las Vegas that I recommend! I tried to include a Las Vegas excursion for all interests and budgets, so let me know what you think. If you have any questions or you’d like to suggest another Las Vegas tour, leave a comment and I’ll get back to you!