Viewing Las Vegas by helicopter is an unforgettable experience and one of the best ways to see Sin City. It’s hard to see the full display of the city’s glitz and glamour from the ground, but when you’re soaring high above it, the entire area sparkles.
Besides, there is a variety of Las Vegas helicopter flights, including wedding rides and night tours. Not only that, but you can even take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas.
Top 5 Las Vegas Helicopter Tours
To help you find your next scenic flight, I’m sharing the 5 best helicopter tours from Las Vegas.
- Strip Highlights, the best Las Vegas helicopter night flight
- Grand Celebration with Strip, the Las Vegas helicopter ride we took
- Golden Eagle, the most popular Vegas helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon
- Downtown Delights & City Sights, the Las Vegas helicopter tour for foodies
- Las Vegas helicopter wedding, an unforgettable way to see Las Vegas by helicopter
If you want to take a helicopter over Vegas, you’re in luck, because I’ve got 5 great options. I’ll also share Las Vegas helicopter ride prices and what to expect during your first Vegas helicopter ride over the Strip!
1. Strip Highlights, the best Las Vegas helicopter night flight
A Las Vegas helicopter night flight is an awesome way to see the City of Lights and experience Vegas from a new perspective. This night flight is an affordable tour and gives you a quick survey of the city’s most iconic sights. You’ll see the Luxor, the Paris Hotel, the Bellagio Fountains, and the Stratosphere, among other landmarks. It’s one of the best things to do over the Las Vegas Strip as a couple, too!
2. Grand Celebration with Strip, the Las Vegas helicopter ride we took
This flight is one of the most luxurious helicopter flights from Las Vegas. It’s also the perfect choice if you plan on visiting the Grand Canyon while you’re in Vegas. You’ll take a ride over the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead and get spectacular views of the Grand Canyon’s West Rim. Then, land on the canyon floor 3,200 feet below the rim and enjoy champagne and light refreshments.
We took this tour during our last time in Sin City, and it was breathtaking. There is no doubt why this is one of the best Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas, but we have a whole guide on this topic in case you’d like to see other options.
- Highlights: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon West, below-the-rim landing, champagne
- Duration: 3.5-4 hours (90-minute flight)
- Price from: $460
- Description: Take a Las Vegas helicopter to the Grand Canyon, where you’ll land on the canyon floor and toast champagne while enjoying a light picnic. Along the way, you’ll get a magnificent aerial perspective of the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.
3. Golden Eagle, the most popular Vegas helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon
Another great Grand Canyon helicopter tour is this flight to the West Rim that departs from Las Vegas. It’s the best Vegas helicopter tour if you’re short on time but still want to see this immense natural wonder. After departing from a private helipad, you’ll soar over the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. Then journey to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, where you’ll spot the Colorado River, Eagle Point, and Guano Point from the air.
There is also an upgrade option if you want to make the flight extra special. After taking in the beautiful scenery of the West Rim, take a helicopter over the Vegas Strip just as the nightlife is ramping up.
- Highlights: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, West Rim
- Duration: 3.5-4 hours (70-minute flight)
- Price from: $319 ($399 for upgrade)
- Description: Take a ride over the scenic nearby sites of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Colorado River. You’ll soar over the Grand Canyon West Rim and, if you upgrade, get a late afternoon flight over the Las Vegas Strip.
4. Downtown Delights & City Sights, the Las Vegas helicopter tour for foodies
If you love food (and who doesn’t?), then check out this foodie tour of several local dining spots. You’ll visit some of the city’s hidden gems and enjoy a variety of delicious flavors. Check out the Arts District and Fremont Street and learn about the gastronomy, culture, and history of Vegas. Then, hop into a limo and head to the terminal for your flight over the Las Vegas Strip and downtown area. This Vegas helicopter ride soars over the Bellagio, Luxor Hotel, and other famous sights, making it one of the top things to do in Las Vegas at night!
- Highlights: Downtown food tour, a helicopter ride over Vegas Strip
- Duration: 6 hours
- Price from: $189
- Description: Take a food tour through downtown Las Vegas and enjoy samplings from five local eateries. Then, ride via limo to the terminal, where you’ll board a helicopter and ride over the Vegas Strip.
5. Las Vegas helicopter wedding
Finally, if you have a marriage proposal, wedding, or vow renewal planned, you may want to consider a Las Vegas helicopter wedding package. There are many options to choose from. You can be interested in celebrating such a special day at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, in the beautiful Valley of Fire, or just above Las Vegas Strip. There is no wonder why it’s one of the most unique things to do in Las Vegas as a couple!
During a Vegas helicopter wedding to the Grand Canyon, you and your partner will fly over the Mojave Desert together and land on the floor of the West Rim to say, “I do”.
Moreover, a celebratory flight over the Valley of Fire is a magical experience. Soar over the Hoover Dam, ancient geological formations, and the open desert before landing in this state park and exchanging vows.
Alternatively, you may enjoy exchanging vows during a Vegas helicopter ride over the Strip, which is the perfect choice for adventurous couples. Hold your ceremony in a private helicopter with the glimmering lights of the Strip below!
- Highlights: Limo transfer, roses, cake, champagne, officiate, private flight over the Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire, and/or Vegas Strip
- Duration: 2-5 hours
- Price from: $899+
- Description: Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime moment with your special someone as you fly over the Mojave Desert, Grand Canyon, and/or Las Vegas Strip. Tour packages vary but typically include flowers, cake, champagne, and a minister to officiate the wedding.
These tours are 100% customized and you can’t book online, so use this form to contact us and tell us the date you’re interested in reserving (morning or evening flight), where you want this special celebration to take place, and the number of guests, and we’ll get you a quote!
Las Vegas helicopter tour price
The price of a Las Vegas helicopter tour depends on several factors, such as duration, sights covered, and additional transportation. For example, if you’re only looking for a Vegas helicopter ride over the Strip, you can find flights starting at $84. Adding a trip to the Grand Canyon will increase the price, but some tours are as low as $140.
Las Vegas helicopter tour deals
Fortunately, Papillon, which is the company we usually flight with, has a Special Offers section on their website so you can compare Las Vegas helicopter ride prices and find exclusive Las Vegas helicopter tour deals.
Las Vegas helicopter ride reviews
If you’re on the fence about taking a Las Vegas helicopter tour, I say go for it! The experience of flying over the Strip or a natural wonder like the Grand Canyon is something magical that you’ll fondly remember for years to come. We took the Grand Celebration with Strip and the stunning views and exhilarating ride made it one of the best memories of our 10-day West Coast road trip. We took the upgraded tour to see the Grand Canyon at sunset, and it was totally worth it. Seeing the last bits of sunlight sparkling on the Strip was a beautiful sight and a unique viewpoint of the boulevard. Besides that, our pilot was very professional and friendly, and she took the time to point out the main sights during our ride.
While there are different tour companies in the area, our favorite is Papillon. They have over 50 years of experience, excellent rates, and an incredible safety record. Papillon is one of the most reputable Grand Canyon sightseeing companies, so keep them in mind if you’re thinking of taking a Vegas helicopter tour. You can also find more info about this company on our Papillon helicopter review.
I hope this guide helped you find a Vegas helicopter ride that you’d like to take! There are lots of options for any budget and schedule, but if you have any questions, leave me a comment and I’ll help you out.
Have a great flight!