Check which travel insurance covers COVID-19 (test and treatment abroad). Or buy the Heymondo plan with a 15% discount (valid through April 2nd).
Taking a Las Vegas helicopter tour was a unique experience I can’t wait to do again. Seeing this fabulous city from the sky is breathtaking. From the ground, it’s hard to see the full display of the Strip’s glitz and glamour, but when you’re soaring high above it, the entire area sparkles.
There’s no doubt that this is one of the top things to do in Las Vegas, and it’s cheaper than most people think! The basic helicopter ride over Las Vegas is even included in the 3-day City Pass (the best CityPass in Las Vegas), so it’s a must-do for anyone in the city.
There is a large selection of flight tours, including wedding and proposal packages and helicopter night tours over Las Vegas. Or you can even take a helicopter tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon and other nearby national parks.
To help you choose, in this guide, you’ll find the best Las Vegas helicopter tour for your needs. Psst! Book your tour well in advance to ensure you get the cheapest price!
The 8 best Las Vegas helicopter tours
Summing up, these are the 8 best helicopter tours from Las Vegas:
- Strip Highlights, the best Las Vegas helicopter night flight
- Golden Eagle, the most popular Vegas helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon
- Grand Celebration with Strip, the Las Vegas helicopter ride we took
- Downtown Delights & City Sights, a Las Vegas helicopter tour for foodies
- Antelope Flight, a fun Las Vegas helicopter ride
- Bryce Canyon From the Air, another lesser-known helicopter tour in Las Vegas
- Deluxe Tour, the only Las Vegas helicopter tour to Grand Canyon South Rim
- Las Vegas helicopter wedding, an unforgettable Las Vegas helicopter ride for couples
If you want to take a helicopter over Vegas, you’re in luck, because I’ve got 8 great options. I’ll also share Las Vegas helicopter ride prices and what to expect during your first Vegas helicopter ride over the Strip!
1. Strip Highlights, the best Las Vegas helicopter night flight
A Las Vegas helicopter night tour is an awesome way to see Sin City and experience Vegas from a new perspective. This night flight is an affordable tour and gives you a quick survey of the city’s most iconic sights, like the luxury resorts, the Bellagio Fountains, the Stratosphere, and the LINQ Promenade. It’s one of the best things to do over the Las Vegas Strip as a couple, too!
- Highlights: Ride over Las Vegas Strip in a helicopter
- Duration: 10-15 minutes
- Price from: $94
- Description: Enjoy a whirlwind adventure as you ride in a helicopter over famous resorts and attractions on the Strip
2. Golden Eagle, the most popular Las Vegas helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon
This flight to the West Rim that departs from Las Vegas is one of the most popular Grand Canyon helicopter tours. If you’re short on time but still want to see this immense natural wonder, this is the best Las Vegas helicopter tour for you.
After departing from a private helipad, you’ll soar over the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. Then journey to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, where you’ll spot the Colorado River, Eagle Point, and Guano Point from the air.
You can even choose the upgrade option if you want to make the flight extra special. After taking in the beautiful scenery of the West Rim, take a helicopter ride over Las Vegas Strip just as the nightlife is ramping up. Considering the price of a Hoover Dam helicopter tour, the upgrade is a great deal.
- Highlights: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon West Rim
- Duration: 3.5 – 4 hours (70-minute flight)
- Price from: $359 ($439 for upgrade)
- Description: Take a ride over the scenic sites of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Colorado River. You’ll also soar over the Grand Canyon West Rim and, if you upgrade, get a late afternoon flight over the Las Vegas Strip.
3. Grand Celebration with Strip, the Las Vegas helicopter ride we took
This flight is one of the most luxurious helicopter rides in Las Vegas, and the perfect choice if you plan on visiting the Grand Canyon during your trip. You’ll take a ride over the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead and get spectacular views of the Grand Canyon’s West Rim. Then, land on the canyon floor 3,200 feet below the rim and enjoy champagne and light refreshments.
We took this tour during our last time in Sin City, and it was breathtaking. There is no doubt why this is one of the best Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas, but we have a whole guide on this topic in case you’d like to see other options.
- Highlights: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon West, below-the-rim landing, champagne picnic
- Duration: 3.5 – 4 hours (90-minute flight)
- Price from: $519
- Description: Take a Las Vegas helicopter to the Grand Canyon, where you’ll land on the canyon floor and enjoy a light picnic and champagne toast. Along the way, you’ll get a magnificent aerial perspective of the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.
4. Downtown Delights & City Sights, a Las Vegas helicopter tour for foodies
If you love food (and who doesn’t?), then check out this foodie tour. You’ll visit some of the city’s hidden gems and enjoy a variety of delicious flavors in the Arts District and on Fremont Street while learning about the gastronomy, culture, and history of Vegas.
Then, hop into a limo and head to the terminal for your flight over the Las Vegas Strip and downtown area. This downtown Las Vegas air tour soars over The Bellagio Fountains, the Luxor Pyramid, and other famous sights, making it one of the best things to do in Las Vegas at night!
- Highlights: Downtown food tour, a helicopter ride over Las Vegas Strip
- Duration: 3 hours (15-minute flight)
- Price from: $249
- Description: Take a food tour through downtown Las Vegas and enjoy samplings from five local eateries. Then, take a limo ride to the terminal, where you’ll board a helicopter and fly over the Vegas Strip.
5. Antelope Flight, a fun Las Vegas helicopter ride
Antelope Canyon isn’t far from Vegas, so consider this private flight and tour to the most famous slot canyon in the world. This Vegas air tour takes you to Boulder City, Nevada, where your flight will depart. Then, you will hop on a sightseeing airplane to Page, Arizona. Along the way, you’ll get beautiful aerial views of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Vermilion Cliffs, and Glen Canyon.
Once you land in Page, your private tour guide will take you on a short hike to an exclusive Navajo viewpoint at Horseshoe Bend. Afterward, you’ll walk through a less-crowded, interior section of Antelope Canyon. Take in the smooth, undulating stone walls and twisting canyon floor, which take on lovely pink, orange, and purple tones throughout the day.
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from Vegas, so everything is taken care of for you. That said, if you’re looking for something cheaper, you can find other Antelope Canyon tours from Las Vegas by bus.
- Highlights: Sightseeing flight to Page, AZ, Horseshoe Bend overlook, guided tour of Antelope Canyon
- Duration: 9 hours (3 hours total flight time)
- Price from: $649
- Description: Enjoy a private Las Vegas airplane tour from Boulder City to Page, where you’ll explore the Horseshoe Bend overlook and Antelope Canyon, capturing stunning photo opportunities along the way.
6. Bryce Canyon From the air, another less-known helicopter tour in Las Vegas
If you’re looking for another adventurous airplane tour from Las Vegas, this Bryce Canyon air tour won’t disappoint. We have a complete guide on visiting Bryce Canyon, although this tour is a great option if you want a birds-eye view of the famous hoodoos.
You’ll fly from Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon in a specialized sightseeing airplane that grants you unobstructed views of the scenery below. Along the route, you’ll fly over Zion National Park, so keep an eye out for the exquisite formations like the Temple of Sinawava and the Court of the Patriarchs.
Then, land in Bryce Canyon, where you’ll get a guided tour of the popular viewpoints, the Lower and Middle Amphitheaters, and other rock formations. If you take the tour between April and November, you can upgrade your tour with a hiking or biking adventure.
This flight is a great sightseeing tour of Bryce, but if you want a cheaper option, we have a guide to the best tours to Bryce Canyon from Las Vegas.
- Highlights: Aerial views of Zion and Bryce Canyon, guided adventure tour through Bryce’s most famous formations
- Duration: 8 – 8.5 hours (3 hours total flight time)
- Price from: $649
- Description: Take an air tour from Vegas to Bryce Canyon, capturing lovely views of Zion National Park along the way. Then, enjoy a guided tour through Bryce’s famous hoodoo formations and other attractions.
7. Deluxe Tour, the only Las Vegas helicopter tour to Grand Canyon South Rim
As the name suggests, this deluxe tour is one of the best helicopter tours from Las Vegas. You’ll fly from Vegas to the Grand Canyon Village in an airplane while getting amazing views of the Mojave Desert, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Colorado River.
Once you reach Grand Canyon National Park, you’ll hop into a sightseeing helicopter and spend a half-hour seeing the magnitude of the North and South Rims from above. Capture marvelous views of the canyon’s gorges, rivers, and rock strata, then complete the last part of this full-day adventure with a Hummer tour. You’ll explore the canyon from the ground and visit a popular South Rim viewpoint before heading back to Vegas.
Along with an airplane tour from Las Vegas, a heli-tour over the canyon, and a Hummer ride, the tour includes a light lunch and hotel pick-up and drop-off. It’s definitely one of the best Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas, but if you want more options, check our guide!
- Highlights: Mojave Desert, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Colorado River, Grand Canyon National Park
- Duration: 9.5 hours (2.5 hours total flight time)
- Price from: $799
- Description: Take a sightseeing airplane tour from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon National Park. There, you’ll get a helicopter tour over the canyon, followed by a Hummer ride around the South Rim.
8. Las Vegas helicopter wedding, an unforgettable Las Vegas helicopter ride for couples
Finally, if you have a marriage proposal, wedding, or vow renewal planned, you may want to consider a Las Vegas helicopter wedding package. There are many options to choose from, and you can celebrate your special event at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, in the beautiful Valley of Fire, or above the Las Vegas Strip. There is no wonder why it’s one of the most unique things to do in Las Vegas as a couple!
During a Las Vegas – Grand Canyon helicopter wedding, you and your partner will fly over the Mojave Desert together and land on the floor of the West Rim to say, “I do.”
Another alternative is a magical celebratory flight over the Valley of Fire. Soar over the Hoover Dam, ancient geological formations, and the open desert before landing in this state park and exchanging vows.
Finally, you may enjoy popping the question or tying the knot during a Las Vegas helicopter proposal or wedding over the Strip. A perfect choice for adventurous couples, you can hold your ceremony in a private helicopter with the glimmering lights of the Strip below!
- Highlights: Limo transfer, roses, cake, champagne, officiate, private flight over the Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire, and/or Las Vegas Strip
- Duration: 2 – 4 hours
- Price from: $879
- Description: Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime moment with your special someone as you fly over the Mojave Desert, Grand Canyon, and/or Las Vegas Strip. Tour packages vary but typically include flowers, cake, champagne, and a minister to officiate the wedding.
These tours are 100% customized and can’t be booked online, so use this contact form to tell us the date you’re interested in reserving (morning or evening flight), where you want this special celebration to take place, and the number of guests, so we can get you a quote!
Las Vegas helicopter tour prices
The price of a Las Vegas helicopter tour depends on several factors, such as duration, sights covered, and additional transportation. For example, if you’re only looking for a helicopter ride over Las Vegas Strip, you can find flights starting at $94. Adding a trip to the Grand Canyon will increase the price, but some tours are as low as $169. You can compare Las Vegas helicopter tour prices in the chart below.
• Helicopter ride over Las Vegas Strip
3.5 – 4 hours
• Grand Canyon West Rim
3.5 – 4 hours
• Grand Canyon West Rim
• Downtown food tour
• Sightseeing flight to Page, AZ
8 – 8.5 hours
• Aerial views of Zion and Bryce Canyon
• Grand Canyon National Park
8. Las Vegas Helicopter Wedding
2 – 4 hours
• Private flight over the Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire, and/or Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS HELICOPTER TOUR PRICES
Las Vegas helicopter tour deals
Fortunately, Papillon, which is the company we usually fly with, has a Special Offers section on their website so you can compare Las Vegas helicopter ride prices and find exclusive Las Vegas helicopter tour deals.
Las Vegas helicopter ride review
If you’re on the fence about taking a Las Vegas helicopter tour, I say go for it! The experience of flying over the Strip or a natural wonder like the Grand Canyon is something magical that you’ll fondly remember for years to come.
We took the Grand Celebration with Strip, and the stunning views and exhilarating ride made it one of the best memories of our 10-day West Coast road trip. We upgraded our tour to see the Grand Canyon at sunset, and it was totally worth it. Seeing the last bits of sunlight sparkling on the Strip was a beautiful sight and gave us a unique viewpoint of the boulevard. Besides that, our pilot was very professional and friendly, and she took the time to point out the main sights during our ride.
While there are different helicopter tour companies in the Las Vegas area, our favorite is Papillon Helicopters. They have over 50 years of experience, excellent rates, and an incredible safety record. Papillon is one of the most reputable Grand Canyon sightseeing companies, so keep them in mind if you’re thinking of taking a 5-star Las Vegas helicopter tour. You can also find more info about this company in our Papillon helicopter review.
I hope this guide helps you find the best Vegas helicopter tour for your budget, schedule, and preferences. If you have any questions, leave me a comment and I’ll be happy to help you out.
Have a great flight!